The WIsconsin Statewide Parent Educator Initiative (WSPEI) is all about partnerships. WSPEI assists families and educators to find the resources that will help them build positive working relationships leading to shared decision making and positive outcomes for children’s learning. WSPEI services are free and confidential.
- Meaningful parent participation on IEP teams and other decision-making groups
- Collaboration among general education, special education and other programs that support family engagement
- Increased sharing of information among parents, schools, projects, organizations and agencies through networking meetings, conferences, person-to-person contact, and media
- Collaboration with the twelve Regional Cooperative Education Service Agencies (CESAs)
- Alignment with and access to state and federal initiatives
- WSPEI is an organization that strives to provide the necessary resources and information in order to keep a positive partnership between parents and school districts.